Available now on Amazon and Kindle!
Suitable for 8-15 years olds
A stirring action-adventure story about two very different boys whose lives unexpectedly cross, forcing them to create an uneasy friendship.
When they stumble upon a badger baiting plot by some dangerous criminals, their tenuous relationship is tested to breaking point. Can Greg and James overcome their differences and fears to help each other and save the badgers?
A heart-breaking yet uplifting story about becoming the person you can be, not the person you are expected to be.
“An important story, that everyone should read. Rachel makes the characters so real, I felt I knew them – I couldn’t put the book down.” Beta Reader
Suggested Book Club Discussion Questions:
- At the beginning of the story, Greg is not a likeable character. This is a risk by the writer – what do you think is the effect of having a character like Greg at the beginning? Did you warm to him as the story progressed?
- What do you think is the moral message within the story? Has it changed your opinion on anything?
- Deep in the dark woods, is a bridge spanning a tiny river. What do you think is the significance of the bridge in the woods?
- Parallels are drawn within the story, between the misconception of badgers being aggressive and the antagonist being a misunderstood child. How successful do you think this is as a story theme?
- Nature features a lot throughout the story. Why is this and how does it link to Greg?
- James is not always 100% likeable throughout the story, sometimes appearing selfish and spoilt. Why do you think the author chose to portray him like that?
- What do you think about the ending of the story? Would you have liked it to end differently? How?